I heard about banana bread and the whole craze during the pandemic when all of us tried to recreate the delicious buns at home, but WATERMELON BREAD? I had no idea this was a thing. Apparently, you can make bread using any fruit you have these days. After researching the topic of watermelon bread recipes, I have reached a final conclusion: I love it!
What is watermelon bread?
Apparently, watermelon bread is a trend started by one baker in Taiwan who tried to invent new, creative recipes for children. Head baker Lee Wen-Fa at Jimmy’s Bakery in Jiaoxy took on the challenge and designed the beautiful dessert which was a great success with the little customers. He had no idea that his creation would later become a worldwide phenomenon, but here we are. Thank you for your idea!
Basically, watermelon bread is no different from any other fruit breads. It is made from simple ingredients such as flour, sugar, raisins, butter, eggs, baking powder salt, and fresh watermelon. Those of us who want it to look like real watermelon can just add food coloring and sculpt the loaf into a 1:1 replica. For those who just want the taste, the recipe is simple.
Watermelon bread recipes
I gathered here a list of all watermelon bread recipes I could find online. If you’d like to try one of them, feel free to research my list and pick your favorite. 🙂
- Watermelon bread made with fresh watermelon
2. Watermelon bread from Jocooks.com
3. Tokonatsu Watermelon Bread
4. Watermelon Hokkaido Milk Bread
5. Watermelon bread, the most amazing brioche ever!
6. Soft and crusty superfood – Watermelon Sandwich Bread with spirulina
7. Watermelon bread that looks like real watermelon
8. Watermelon look-a-like raisin bread
9. Watermelon quick bread
10. Strawberry watermelon chocolate chip bread
11. Japanese Mom’s watermelon bread
12. Watermelon Bread Loaf
13. Watermelon prank bread
14. Watermelon bread
I feel like watermelon bread is just the hottest food trend we have never heard of. Fresh watermelon flavor, squishy loaf of bread, amazing smell – it has them all. No wonder it is one of the children’s favorite foods worldwide.