As a very famous expression from a very famous TV show said (“Winter is coming”), this beautiful (but cold) season has arrived. Thus, everybody is trying to keep themselves warm and cozy with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and warm foods. Moreover, eating spicy foods seems to be an excellent way to give your body a warm, fuzzy feeling during cold winter evenings. Spicy bowl recipes are a newly popular type of food that has taken the Internet by storm, particularly on TikTok. If you’re a fan of hot bowls, try the traditional recipe or one of these other ways of giving your cold winter evenings some novelty.
When you’re done with spicy bowls recipes or just don’t enjoy spicy foods as much, there are many other options of cozy, comfort foods to try this winter: noodles, comfort food, cinnamon buns, or a delicious casserole.
What is a Spicy Bowl?
Traditionally, a spicy bowl is a type of snack very popular in the Southern half of the USA. Locals from States such as Louisiana and Florida enjoy eating it all year round. Moreover, spicy bowl recipes seem to be the newest craze of the popular app Tiktok. Even though the traditional recipe only consists of pickled eggs, pickled sausages, banana peppers, jalapenos, and spicy sauce, many variations have appeared in the past years. Not only that, but it appears that other cultures and areas have their own versions of spicy bowl recipes.
Other spicy bowl recipes to try today
The original recipe for spicy bowls is very simple and popular, but there are so many other ideas for us to try. I tried to compile them here and sort them so that everybody can find something they like.
Salmon spicy bowl recipes
- Spicy Salmon Bowl
2. Spicy Salmon Maki Bowl
3. Spicy Salmon Roll Sushi Bowl
4. Salmon Sushi Bowls with Homemade Spicy Mayo – Chef Savvy
5. Crispy Salmon and Rice Bowl with Spicy Mayo – Spicy Bowls Recipes
6. Crispy Spicy Salmon Bowls – Hungry Happens
7. Spicy Salmon Roll Bowls
Tuna spicy bowls
- Spicy Tuna Roll Bowl
2. Foodland’s Spicy Ahi Poke Bowl Recipe – Spicy Bowl Recipes
3. Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl
4. 10-min Easy Japanese Spicy Tuna Rice Bowl
5. Spicy Tuna Sushi Bowl Recipe – NeghborFood
6. Tuna Poke Sushi Bowl with Spicy Mayo
7. Red’s favorite Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl – Spicy Bowls Recipes
8. 10-min Japanese Spicy Tuna Rice Bowl
Chicken spicy bowl recipes
- Spicy Chicken Nourish Bowl
2. Thai Chicken Quinoa Bowls with Peanut Sauce – Spicy Bowl Recipes
3. Spicy Chicken Buddha Bowls
4. Jerk Chicken Buddha Bowl with Mango Salsa
5. Easy Spicy Chicken Ramen Soup
6. Healthy Spicy Chicken and Roasted Vegetables Bowls – Beauty Bites – Spicy Bowls Recipes
Shrimp spicy bowls
- Shrimp Rice Bowls with Spicy Mayo
2. Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls
3. Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls Recipe
Pork spicy bowl recipes
- Korean Spicy Pork Bowls – Spicy Bowl Recipes
Vegan/Vegetarian spicy bowls
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito Bowl with Chipotle Mayo
2. Vegetarian Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowl – Eat with Clarity
3. Sweet Spicy Tofu Buddha Bowl (vegan)
4. Enchilada Power Bowls with Spicy Tofu
5. Spicy Kimchi Quinoa Bowls
I hope you will find here a recipe that suits your taste. I already have multiple ones that I plan on trying this winter, even the traditional recipe. Most of the time I enjoy an above-medium spiciness level, so we shall see if the TikTok spicy bowl is a favorite of mine or not. 🙂 If you have other ideas or different spicy bowl recipes, please leave them in a comment and I will make sure to include them in this list.