Who doesn’t know about chicken fajitas? This a great, fast, easy recipe that you can put together on a busy weekday night and make all your friends and family happy, as well as well-fed. In my research of delicious, easy-to-make meals I stumbled upon fish fajita recipes, a type of fajitas I had no idea existed.
For me, fish is not the easiest ingredient to cook. I have had the experience of making it too bland no matter what recipe I used. With fish fajitas, most of the flavors do not depend on the fish, but on the seasoning. Thus, the end result will always be very tasty. The best thing? You can use all types of fish to make this delicious meal and it will be delicious every time.
The traditional recipe as a base for your ideas
No matter if you decide to make fish fajitas, chicken fajitas, or veggie fajitas, you will start with a base that puts all ingredients together and guarantees the final result. These are the ingredients to use in the traditional fajitas recipe:
- Main ingredient – meat, fish, shrimp, other veggies
- Bell peppers – red, yellow, green – sliced
- Onions – sliced
- Lime juice
- Seasoning – you can buy pre-made or make yourself following simple recipes found online. Here is an example:
There you go! Starting with this easy recipe, you can unleash your creativity and cook different fajitas styles every night of the week. If you get tired of them but still love Mexican cuisine, try some other authentic recipes from Cooking con Claudia.
Furthermore, there are many other fish recipes that you can try if you don’t want to cook fish fajitas right now: Gordon Ramsay’s sea bass recipes, easy salmon recipes, or some blackfish recipes.
Other variations for delicious fish fajita recipes
- Fish Fajitas (made on a sheet pan in about 20 minutes!)
2. Fish Fajitas – Lunchito – Halibut Fish Fajita Recipe
3. Fish Fajitas – The Tortilla Channel
4. Whole30 Sheet Pan Fish Fajitas – Paleo and Gluten Free – Whole Kitchen Sink
5. Sheet Pan Mahi Fajitas – Laughing Spatula
6. Pacific Halibut Steak Skillet Fajitas with Cumin Chili Marinade – Wild Alaskan Company
7. Super Easy Sheet Pan Salmon Fajitas
8. “Naked” Fish Fajitas Recipe
9. Spicy Blackened Fish Fajitas – One Lovely Life – Tilapia fish fajita recipes
10. Blackened salmon fajitas – The Almond Eater
11. Sheet Pan Salmon Fajitas
12. Spicy baked salmon fajitas recipes with roasted peppers and onions
13. Catfish Fajita Recipe – In-Fisherman
14. Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon – Carlsbad Cravings
15. Fajita Fish with avocado salsa – Dinner at the Zoo
Fish Fajita Recipes – 17 Fajita Toppings
I hope you find what you look for in my list. You already know how much I enjoy trying Mexican flavors in my kitchen, even if I live far away from this beautiful country. Sometimes I get close, sometimes I ruin my dish. No matter what, I keep trying. Fish fajita recipes seem a great starting anew point when you feel discouraged. Moreover, they can be a great way to make children eat more delicious, nutritious fish. As always, if you have other fish fajitas recipes that are not on this list, please let me know and I will add them. 🙂