Fish liver oils are a supplement that we all know from childhood when either we or our friends were taking one spoonful every day for our health. We had to, as children don’t usually eat liver and our parents wanted us to benefit from all those healthy properties of the liver. Growing up, some of us developed a palate for liver. In my case, it was tasting foie gras, the famous french dish. Since then, I tried to expand my taste and try new types of liver whenever I got the chance. Apparently, northern populations have been eating cod liver forever. Naturally, they have perfected their recipes over time. Nowadays we can all benefit from cod liver health benefits easily. If you’re a fan, try some cod liver recipes and expand your ways of cooking it.
For those who still don’t like liver, but like eating fish, I have gathered some blackfish recipes, salmon recipes or sea bass recipes for you to try. Nonetheless, you could also try to put your fish on the smoker for greater variety in your meals.
Cod liver recipes
To my surprise, there are many ways to cook cod liver: patés, salads, sandwiches, tartars, or flambées. Who knew? If you have other interesting recipes and would like to share them with others, leave a comment and I will make sure to include them in this list!
Cod liver paté recipes
- Smoked oyster and cod liver pate recipe
2. Cod liver paté on toast
3. Amanda’s cod liver paté
4. Cod Liver Pâté with Sardines and Kippers
Cod liver recipes for sandwiches
- Sandwich with cod liver paté
2. Cod Liver & Roe Pate Grilled Cheese
3. Tartini with Avocado and Cod Liver
4. Tartini with Avocado and Cod Liver Mousse
5. The Recipe for Grilled Eggplants with Cod Liver
6. Cod liver sandwiches
Salads with cod liver
- The Salad with Cod Liver and Pistachios Recipe
2. Cod Liver & Roe Pate Egg Salad
3. Cod Liver Salad Sandwich
4. Spring Salad with Cod Liver and Toum
5. Cod Liver Salad
6. Salad with Cod Liver
Other cod liver recipes
- Flambeed Cod Liver
2. Scrambled Arugula Eggs with Cod Liver
3. Salmon Tartare with Cod Liver
These were all recipes I could find for now. If you have other delicious ideas, please let me know in the comments. I will be happy to include them in this list :). Bon appétit!